Monday, February 27, 2012

Hello Kitty Slumber Party

So I have been planning this sleepover for about two months now and the day finally came Saturday night. I made just about everything myself and I have to say I am pretty happy with all of my work. More importantly my daughter is happy which is what it was all for in the first place.


The invitations and envelopes were made by printing regular black ink on black cardstock. I found the cardstock on Amazon, the envelopes on Ebay. I cut the cardstock in half and made 6x6" folded card that fit into the 6.5x6.5" envelopes perfectly.


The inside of the invitation: I ordered rhinestones from amazon and glued them to dot the "i" in the header of the invite.



Here is the cake table shot. I made the cake and the cake pops. The cake was chocolate with strawberries on the bottom with vanilla buttercream. The top was vanilla cake with strawberries and vanilla buttercream. The whole cake was covered in fondant.

Also on the table Rock candy (kids got to it before I got out the camera) in some vases I found on sale at Michaels, stick candy from a local party store. Strawberry punch, and pink plates with napkins, with pink and silver confetti sprinkled on the table.


I made the cake topper out of fondant. 


These cake pops took about 3 days to make. Only because I was working on the cake at the same time. I molded them by hand and then dipped them a total of 3 times to get the proper coating. Then I decorated them by hand with fondant for the bow and food coloring for the face.

The water bottle labels I made using MS Word and GIMP. This took a few steps but not too much time. Maybe I can do a tutorial later.


I also made Vanilla cupcakes as favors for the girls to take home and topped them with Vanilla buttercream and fondant faces. The faces are decorated with food coloring


The cupcake boxes can be found in many places. I finally went with Amazon. Only because I subscribe to prime (free shipping) and the stuff I order from there gets here like clock work.

The only thing that I forgot to take a picture of was the slumber party fun bags I made for the girls. I bought black gift bags and tissue paper from the craft store. I filled them with lip gloss, nail polish, emory boards, girly tattoos, girly wristbands, a hello kitty pencil, and a black t-shirt that they would later decorate during the sleep over.

Dinner: Super Nachos (chips, cheese, salsa, beans, beef, guacamole, sour cream)

Entertainment: Movies including The Princess Protection Program, and The Princess Diaries

Activities: WII games, T-shirt decorating, Painting Nails

I tried to carefully alternate entertainment and activities with things like dinner, cake and ice cream, and opening presents. All in all the girls never really had a bored moment.

One girl reviewed the party on facebook calling it EPIC! 
I would say all of my hardwork paid off.
I promise to take more pictures for the next party coming up soon so stay tuned.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.