This year my family has made a decision (by that I mean I have made a decision) to not abandon learning because the traditional school year has come to an end. In fact I have learned that having a summer "chore list" that requires my kids to do learning activities (and clean their rooms) before video games and movies has helped to hold back the some of summer household chaos.
Since we are nearing the 4th of July, I decided to compile a bunch of free and fun resources for kids to learn about the Declaration of Independence and the history behind the 4th of July.
Here are a few resources I have compiled for you.
Younger Children
1. Here is a short lesson for small children (3-6) on the history of the American Flag:
2. Get a FREE homeschool printable pack (ages 2-7) from www.giftofcuriosity.com (requires email sign-up)
3. Liberty's Kids is an educational cartoon here is the episode for the first Fourth of July:

4. Our FREE 4th of July Social Studies Worksheet Printable is here: (right click, select save photo as)
5. Scholastic has an inexpensive children's ebook ($3.99) that explains the declaration of independence.
Middle School and High School:
2. Here is a link to the National archives with great articles and photos as well.I hope you enjoy these resources! Have a very happy Fourth!
Pin It

No comments:
Post a Comment